Why not treat your little ones this Halloween with one spooky supper? These mummified meatballs are a perfect treat and work brilliantly for a family meal this Autumn, whilst adding lots of fun for kids! This recipe has been borrowed from Nicole at AllRecipes, as we thought that it sounded so delicious and it works perfectly with our tasty pork meatballs. The recipe below creates 4 mummified meatballs.
Healthy, delicious, spectacularly spooky. You really cannot go wrong with this recipe this Halloween! To purchase our pork meatballs, please click here.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 12 organic pork meatballs from Helen Browning’s
- 1 ounce of cheddar cheese
- 8 candy eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave for 10 minutes. Let cool until safe to handle. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh, leaving 1/2 inch around the shell. Discard flesh or save for another use.
- Place potato halves cut side down on a baking sheet. Rub each half with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Flip potatoes over. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until shells are crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place meatballs on microwave-safe plates. Cover with paper towels. Microwave until hot, 70 to 75 seconds per batch. Let rest until cool enough to not melt the cheese.
- Wrap 1/4 of the cheddar cheese around 3 meatballs to create a mummy effect. Repeat with remaining cheese and meatballs.
- Remove potato skin coffins from the oven and place a mummy in each coffin. Apply candy eyeballs.