Why not treat your little ones this Halloween with one spooky supper? These mummified meatballs are a perfect treat and work brilliantly for a family meal this Autumn, whilst adding lots of fun for kids! The recipe below creates 4 mummified meatballs.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 12 organic pork meatballs from Helen Browning’s
- 1 ounce of cheddar cheese
- 8 candy eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave for 10 minutes. Let cool until safe to handle. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh, leaving 1/2 inch around the shell. Discard flesh or save for another use.
- Place potato halves cut side down on a baking sheet. Rub each half with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Flip potatoes over. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until shells are crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the meatballs by frying them in a pan.
- Wrap 1/4 of the cheddar cheese around 3 meatballs to create a mummy effect. Repeat with remaining cheese and meatballs.
- Remove potato skin coffins from the oven and place a mummy in each coffin. Apply candy eyeballs.