Candied bacon (or sweet bacon) is a super sugary but salty treat. It is perfect for the Halloween season, or all year round, if you fancy! And, you only need two ingredients to create this tasty snack: brown sugar and our organic streaky bacon (unsmoked works best). We have borrowed this recipe from Nick Evans at Simply recipes, because we thought that it sounded unbelievably delicious. And don’t forget to tag us in your #organiccreations, as we love to see your incredible culinary skills!
To purchase our organic streaky bacon, please click here.
- 12 strips of Helen Browning’s organic streaky bacon
- ¼ cup of classic light brown sugar
- Add aluminum foil and a wire rack to a baking tray
- Add the 12 slices of bacon to the tray
- Sprinkle the brown sugar lightly over the bacon, adding about a teaspoon to each strip
- Add a sprinkle of black pepper if you wish
- Bake at 375f for 20-25 minutes
- It is recommended that you turn once while baking
- The bacon is done when the sugar has melted, and the bacon is deep brown
- Let the bacon cool before eating
- Serve however you fancy!