Candied bacon (or sweet bacon), using our Helen Browning’s streaky bacon, is a super sugary but salty treat. All you only need two ingredients to create this tasty snack: brown sugar and our organic streaky bacon (unsmoked works best). Don’t forget to tag us in your #organiccreations, as we love to see your incredible culinary skills!
To purchase our organic streaky bacon, please click here.
- 12 strips of Helen Browning’s organic streaky bacon
- ¼ cup of classic light brown sugar
- Add aluminum foil and a wire rack to a baking tray
- Add the 12 slices of bacon to the tray
- Sprinkle the brown sugar lightly over the bacon, adding about a teaspoon to each strip
- Add a sprinkle of black pepper if you wish
- Bake at 200oC for 20-25 minutes
- It is recommended that you turn once while baking
- The bacon is done when the sugar has melted, and the bacon is deep brown
- Let the bacon cool before eating
- Serve however you fancy!
Enjoy your Helen Browning’s Candied Streaky Bacon!