Make the most of your leftover turkey with this temptingly tasty turkey, leek and ham pie recipe. Creamy, hearty, and filling – you really cannot go wrong with this recipe.
- 50g butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 leeks (chopped)
- 200ml double cream
- 250ml chicken stock or leftover gravy
- 400g cooked turkey, bite-sized pieces
- 300g Helen Browning’s organic honey roast ham ends, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2tbsp thyme leaves
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 250g puff pastry, or shortcrust – use your favourite
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Add a knob of butter and gently cook the onion until soft but not brown.
- Add the carrots and leek and continue cooking for five minutes until the carrots begin to soften. Cover with the cream and stock or gravy and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the turkey, ham, wholegrain mustard, and herbs then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper then remove the pan from the heat. Pour the filling into a ceramic pie dish.
- Roll out the pastry to make a lid for the pie and strips to line the rim of the dish. Press the strips onto the rim, moistening them with a little beaten egg, then press down the lid firmly and brush with the beaten egg. Do not forget to make a hole for the steam to escape. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden-brown.