This recipe has being adapted from Tom Kerridge for BBC Good Food perfect to go with Helen Browning’s BBQ Boxes.
- 400g new-season potatoes , scrubbed
- 2 bunches of radishes
- 1 red onion , peeled and sliced
- 1 small cucumber , peeled, deseeded and sliced into half moons
- small handful dill fronds , chopped
For the dressing
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 20g English mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch of white caster sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds , toasted in a dry frying pan
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, simmer the potatoes for about 10 mins until tender, then leave to steam-dry until warm. Meanwhile, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, then halve the warm potatoes and toss through the dressing. Take the potatoes and other ingredients to the picnic separately, then toss everything together to serve.
Why not try our Egg and Parsley salad next!