Add smoky flavour to your burger with this sticky onion relish. Lily, one of our farm staff, loves this after a busy day on the farm! A tip from the Royal Oak kitchen is to briefly toast the open burger buns in a hot, dry heavy-bottomed pan for a extra smokey hit (and stops the buns getting soggy).
- Helen Browning’s Organic Beef Burgers
- Burger buns
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1sp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Salad of choice
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the onions and paprika. Cook until tender.
- Stir in the mustard, brown sugar and balsamic, then turn the heat up.
- Add 100ml water and cook for 15 minutes until reduced and sticky.
- Meanwhile, cook the burgers according to the instructions on the packet.
- Serve on the burger baps with the sliced tomatoes, salad and a spoonful of sticky onions on top.
Part of Helen’s ‘Good Beef’ range, these tasty burgers are made from organic dairy-bred and grass-fed British beef with a much lower carbon footprint compared to traditionally reared beef.
Beef from Helen Browning’s Organics is 100% Soil Association certified, produced to the highest standard in organic agriculture – absolutely no pesticides or GM ingredients, and an impeccable traceable production process.