This amazing recipe combines fillet steak with a whole range of vegetables so you can enjoy an amazingly healthy dinner with so many veggies it covers all of your 5 a day. Our organic fillet steak works amazingly for this recipe. This steak is a part of our good beef range; 100% dairy-bred and grass-fed organic British beef from the heart of the Wiltshire countryside. Organic steak is also exceptionally good for you when eaten as part of a balanced diet, as research by the British Journal of Nutrition has found that organic meat and dairy contains 50% more omega-3 fatty acids in comparison to non-organic produce. Find information here.
This delicious recipe is from Sara Buenfield at BBC Good Food.
- 3 tsp rapeseed oil (plus extra for the steaks)
- 250g sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into narrow chips)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 small onions (halved and sliced)
- 1 green pepper (deseeded and diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 85g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 x organic fillet steaks from Helen Browning’s
- 200g bag baby spinach , wilted in a pan or the microwave
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 7 and put a wire rack on top of a baking tray. Toss the sweet potatoes and thyme with 2 tsp oil in a bowl, then scatter them over the rack and set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions, cover the pan and leave to cook for 5 mins. Take off the lid and stir – they should be a little charred now. Stir in the green pepper and garlic, cover the pan and cook for 5 mins more. Put the potatoes in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
- While the potatoes are cooking, stir the paprika into the onions and peppers, pour in 150ml water and stir in the cherry tomatoes, tomato purée and bouillon. Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Pan-fry the steak in a hot, non-stick pan for 2-3 mins each side depending on their thickness. Rest for 5 mins. Spoon the goulash sauce onto plates and top with the beef. Serve the chips and spinach alongside.