Tasty, warming and hearty. You can’t go wrong with this delicious one-tin supper! We have adapted this recipe from Waitrose magazine, as we thought that it sounded so amazing and we wanted to share it with you all. This recipe combines lots of seasonal veg with organic pork sausages; the perfect combination if you ask us! To find out more about our super speedy sausages, take a look here. This recipe is brilliantly quick due to the quick cooking of our organic speedy sausages, they only take 10 minutes!
- 1 and a half tbsp olive oil
- 500g parsnips (peeled, washed, and halved)
- 3 red onions (quartered)
- 2 fennel bulbs (trimmed, then cut into wedges)
- 1 pack of Helen Browning’s speedy sausages (200g)
- Half of a chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C (gas mark 7), and put a large roasting tin in to heat up. When the oven is hot, add the oil, parsnips, onions, and fennel wedges in the tin. Season, stir to coat, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml of just boiled water. Turn over everything in the tin, then pour in the hot stock. Return to the oven and reduce the heat to 200 degrees C (gas mark 6) and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile mix the honey and mustard together in a small bowl.
- Use a pastry brush to glaze the sausages with the honey-mustard mixture, turning them to coat completely. Roast for 7-10 minutes until the sausages are sticky and golden, make sure to turn once or twice to allow for even cooking. Sprinkle over the vinegar and reserved fennel fronds then serve with a dollop of mayonnaise on the side, if liked.