Phil, in collaboration with 44 Foods, uses our organic pork tenderloins to create this warming, aromatic dish. It makes a great midweek meal that’s sure to become a family favourite. Serve with fluffy white rice and a side of tenderstem broccoli.
- 450g pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 400g British mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Splash of white wine
- 200ml double cream
- 1 cup (roughly 150g) white basmati rice
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Remove any sinew from the tenderloin with a sharp knife.
- Season the tenderloin on both sides with salt and pepper. In a hot frying pan sear off the tenderloins for 5 mins to brown on all sides, remove from the pan and cook in the oven for 30 mins. Once the pork has been cooked, wrap in foil and leave to rest for 10 mins.
- While the pork is cooking, add the rice to a saucepan with 1 ½ cups of water. Place a lid on, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to as low as possible. Cook for 12 mins, then remove from the oven and leave for 10 mins. Do not remove the lid during this time.
- Heat a saucepan on low and add vegetable oil, onions and garlic. Sweat for 10 mins, stirring regularly to ensure they don’t start catching. Turn the heat to medium, then add the sliced mushrooms and fry for a further 5 mins until golden brown all over.
- Once the mushrooms have browned, add the paprika, wholegrain mustard and grated nutmeg. Fry for 1 min until aromatic and then add a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan. Reduce the heat to low and add the double cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Once the tenderloin has finished resting, slice into bite-size pieces and mix through the stroganoff sauce.
- Steam the tenderstem broccoli for 8-10 mins over water with a splash of lemon juice.
- Serve the pork stroganoff over fluffy basmati rice and steamed tenderstem broccoli.