Try these baked pork steaks with a pepper & olive sauce for a delicious dinner bursting with flavours of the Mediterranean! Quantities below are for a simple meal for two, but just double the recipe to feed more. We like these served alongside garlic bread (see suggestion below) but a baked potato or rice would work equally well.
- 1x pack Helen Browning’s organic pork leg steaks
- 30ml olive oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ 280g jar chargrilled peppers, drained and chopped
- 8 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Lightly season the pork and cook in the oil for 2 minutes each side. Transfer onto a baking tray and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until slightly coloured.
- Add the peppers, olives and stock. Season well. Cook until thickened then stir in the basil. Return the pork steaks to the pan and spoon over the sauce. Transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes (pork juices should run clear).
- Serve with garlic bread, a buttery baked potato or plain rice.
Serve with a little garlic bread and a touch of natural yogurt spiced up with a little freshly chopped basil and black pepper.
Helen Browning’s Organic Saddleback pigs enjoy an active, outdoor life, spending their time happily doing just what pigs like to do. Their meat has a distinctive, rich flavour and a fantastic texture. Our organic pork leg steaks offer a versatile, quick and tender cut of meat. Serve braised in a fruity sauce, spiced, barbecued, in breadcrumbs or griddled.