This very simple pork larb recipe can be as hot as you like… you are looking for a spicy, sour and savoury flavour. Use a good quality chilli powder for a handy home solution.
- 450g Helen Browning’s Pork Mince
- 3 limes, or less depending on taste
- 5 shallots
- 1 small red chilli, or 2 depending on your heat tolerance
- 6 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 generous handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped.
- 1 bunch of spring onions (approx 6), sliced.
To make the larb, dry-fry the meat in a very hot pan. You want some dried and burnt bits here to add flavour. Add a splash of oil if needed.
Add 1 tbsp chilli powder, some sliced red chillies (as many as you can handle!), and sliced shallots. Fry for a couple more minutes, then add spring onions and mint off the heat. Stir in the fish sauce and a few lime wedges (keep a couple of wedges aside to squeeze over the finished plate, to taste).
Stir well and serve.