A delicious combination of stuffing and pigs in blankets. With added chestnuts and dried cranberries for that extra special festive feel.
- 85g pack sage & onion stuffing mix
- 300g Helen Browning’s Organic plain sausagemeat
- 90g cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1 pack Helen Browning’s Organic streaky bacon
- 12 sages leaves or small sprigs of rosemary (optional)
- Put the stuffing mix in a bowl and pour over 150ml boiling water. Leave the mix to absorb. When cool, add the sausagemeat, chestnuts and cranberries and bring everything together with your hands. Cut each rasher of bacon in half lengthways so you get 24 long strips of bacon.
- Roll a walnut-sized ball of the stuffing mix and wrap with a strip of bacon – tuck in a sage leaf or rosemary sprig, if you wish. Sit each ball on a lightly oiled baking tray, with the join of the bacon strip on the bottom. Repeat to make 12 stuffing balls. Can be made up to two days ahead and chilled. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and roast the stuffing balls for 25-30 mins until the bacon is crisp and the stuffing is cooked.