Make a Mexican feast with British organic pork mince… perfect for a weekend supper. We have borrowed and adapted this recipe from Cassie Best at BBC Good Food, as it sounds absolutely delicious!
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp each smoked paprika and ground cumin
- 450g organic pork mince from Helen Browning’s
- 300ml passata
- 5 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 400g can black beans, drained
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 8 taco shells
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ iceberg, finely shredded
- soured cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Sprinkle over the spices and cook for 1 min more. Add the mince, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon, and stir until cooked through.
- Stir the passata and barbecue sauce into the pan along with 4 tbsp water. Increase the heat and allow the sauce to bubble and reduce until it clings to the meat. Add the beans, season and cook for a further 2 mins, then stir in the coriander. Heat the tacos following pack instructions.
- Use the pork and bean mix to fill the tacos, top with slices of avocado, shredded iceberg lettuce and a dollop of soured cream, if you like.