A hot dog recipe more suitable for all ages: a fruity, zingy, warming glaze made from marmalade, garlic, and red onion. This recipe works brilliantly with our organic hot dogs, to help keep the little ones entertained this bonfire night. They really are a crowd pleaser! This recipe has also been borrowed from Tesco’s real food, to help bring you all some seasonal foody fun!
- 120g shredless marmalade
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ orange, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 organic hot dogs from Helen Browning’s
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red onions, finely sliced
- 6 hot dog rolls
- extra thyme, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Mix the marmalade, wholegrain mustard, orange juice and garlic, then microwave for 1 min on high.
- Put the sausages in a roasting tin. Coat in the glaze and add the thyme. Roast for 15 mins, turning the sausages halfway, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the olive oil over a high heat. Add the onions and fry for 10 mins, stirring. Reduce the heat; cook for 15 mins until really soft. Halve the sausages lengthways. Serve in hot dog rolls with the onions and extra thyme.