Are you planning an Easter brunch? This ham and cheese breakfast bake recipe from Woman’s Day magazine will give you a brilliant start to the day! This delicious recipe combines organic dry cured ham, lots of creamy cheese, and wholesome bread for a hearty ham and cheese breakfast bake that is perfect for a Sunday morning. This dish can also be prepped the night before to make a quick and easy brunch.
- 1 pint of milk
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 large baguette
- 225 grams Cheddar cheese
- 130 grams organic dry cured ham from Helen Browning’s
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- Spray square 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In bowl, whisk milk, eggs, mustard, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper to blend.
- Arrange half of bread, overlapping, in baking dish. Pour half of milk mixture over bread; sprinkle with half of Cheddar. Top with ham, then repeat layering of bread, milk and Cheddar. Cover dish; chill 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and custard is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives.