Indulge in this delicious dish that’s brim full of brightly coloured peppers, chorizo and potatoes, topped with fried eggs. Whether you start your day with this hearty dish – or save for an easy supper – it’ll fill your plate with warmth and flavour. This will happily serve 6, but adjust number of eggs to suit appetites!
- 1.5kg potatoes, cubed (try Desiree potatoes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 185g organic cooking chorizo, roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers, cored and sliced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 8 mins. Drain well. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins, or until softened. Add the paprika, cumin, chorizo and sliced peppers; cook for 5 mins, or until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil. Fry the potatoes for 10 mins, or until golden. Add the chorizo mixture along with the peppers. Season well and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Make 6 small hollows among the potatoes and chorizo. Crack each egg into a hollow and cook until the whites have set and the yolks are still runny. Scatter parsley across the top and serve directly from the pan.