The best of both worlds; combine the sweet and the savory for a wonderful creation of bacon pancakes. This recipe from Martha Stewart is delicious, and with the addition of our organic streaky bacon, these bacon pancakes just got even better.
- 130 grams plain flour
- 30 grams sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 30 grams unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 8 rashers of organic streaky bacon from Helen Browning’s
- Pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, and egg. Whisk flour mixture into buttermilk mixture just until moistened, with small to medium lumps remaining.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon over medium-high until fat is rendered and bacon is browned on one side, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook until golden and crisp on underside, 1 to 3 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels; pour off all but 1 teaspoon fat from the frying pan.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium pan. Pour 1/4-cupfuls batter into skillet and top each with a bacon slice. Cook until some bubbles appear on top of pancakes and a few have burst, about 2 minutes. With a spatula, carefully flip pancakes and cook until browned on underside, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter, bacon side up, and loosely tent with foil. Keep pancakes warm in oven and repeat with remaining batter, adding more bacon fat if needed. Serve with pure maple syrup, if desired.