An excellent combination of seasonal asparagus with our spicy organic cooking chorizo. Mm delicious! Asparagus is wonderful at this time of year, as it is now in season in the UK. Buying seasonal veg is an excellent way to reduce your food miles and reduce your carbon footprint!
This recipe has been borrowed and adapted from Diana Bauman from Honest Cooking.
- 1 bunch of asparagus (cut in half)
- 100 g organic cooking chorizo from Helen Browning’s (sliced)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Large granule sea salt to sprinkle
- In a cast iron skillet warm 2 – 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- When the oil is heated through, add the asparagus and brown on both sides until tender
- Add the cooking chorizo and mix in allowing its flavors to incorporate for about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately