An indulgent supper for 2- using our organic good beef fillet steak for a luxurious Valentines meal. Our fillet steak is made from our good beef, 100% grass-fed and dairy-bred organic British beef that is reared in the heart of the Wiltshire countryside. Find out more about our good beef here.
This recipe has been borrowed and adapted from Barney Desmazery at BBC Good Food, so that you can all have a taste of delicious fillet steak.
- 3 large red-skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle extra
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- a small bunch of flat leaf parley, finely chopped
- 2 organic good beef fillet steaks from Helen Browning’s
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- a small knob of butter
- watercress salad, to serve
- Tip the potatoes into a pan of water, bring to the boil, simmer for 2 mins, then drain. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the potatoes and sizzle gently for 20 mins, tossing occasionally, until golden and crispy all over. When the potatoes are cooked, add the garlic to the pan and fry for 1 min more. Finally, toss through the parsley, season with sea salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, rub the steaks with a drizzle of oil, then press in the black pepper. Heat a griddle pan until hot, and cook the steaks to your liking (2½ mins each side for medium rare, 3½ mins for medium, 4½ mins for well done). Leave steaks to rest for 5 mins, then top with a knob of butter and serve with the potatoes and some watercress salad.