A perfect summer camping/glamping glade for outdoor enjoyment
Bounded by ancient woodland on one side, thick hedges elsewhere, a stream, plus a couple of bridges over it, this old undulating uncut organic hay meadow offers a very private 5 acres to pitch a tent, use the shepherd’s hut or the old poultry house; have a hot bath in the field, cook and eat, shower and poo in glorious but discreet outdoor comfort!
Prices & booking
- We have 28 days remaining to let this venue this year, 2023
- We have no bookings after July 3 currently (because we’ve kept it a secret till now)
- We’d prefer stays to be Thursday to Sunday, or friday to Monday, but we’re flexible. Just talk to Tim or Jo, 01793 790481, at the pub we also run on our organic farm
- You are about 0.75 miles from the pub, Helen Browning’s Royal Oak, easily walkable across open fields, very little road walking
- We are about 1.5 miles from The Ridgeway, one of England’s best known walking trails, littered with ley lines, burial chambers and Iron Age forts
- Car parking at the entrance of the field; then use a wheelbarrow to move your bits and pieces
- The gate is easily locked — you are secure
- If you book, we meet you at pub and lead you down there
- Beware the entrance/exit to Botswicky, on a slightly difficult bend
- During times of very dry weather, we are cautious about open fires, so we provide a gas BBQ for you.