This is my favourite way to eat pulled pork, as it is so quick and easy and adds some extra oomph to your usual lunch time meal. There are a few brilliant different ideas that you can try to keep things fresh… add lots of different fruit and veggie, add lots of tasty coleslaw, or even some rice if you wish to create a burrito style lunch. Why not try this recipe for a Mexican style pulled pork wrap? It’s delicious, filling and perfectly quick for a speedy lunch; leaving you more time to spend on the festivities!
- 250g pack microwavable Basmati Pilau Rice
- 380g organic BBQ spiced Pulled Pork from Helen Browning’s
- 100g frozen sweetcorn (defrosted)
- 8 Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps
- 300g iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cook the pulled pork for 30 minutes until it is piping hot. Using two forks, shred the pork until it is all pulled. (This can be done in advance if you are in a hurry).
- Heat the rice according to pack instructions.
- Mix the pulled pork with the sweetcorn. Warm the wraps in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Scatter the wrap with the lettuce and spoon half the rice down the centre of each one, then top with the pork mixture. Fold over the edges, then roll up and cut in half. Serve with salad on the side.