Our luxurious mini-hotel, restaurant and pub, in the middle of our own organic farm on the Wiltshire Oxfordshire border, needs a top class experienced housekeeper to ensure that we remain ahead of all the opposition when it comes to running a very clean (and safe) ship!
In this region, we are rated the cleanest hotel, with the cleanest rooms, on several review sites. We are a solid, enterprising family business, making our own waves for the past 14 years. Our current head housekeeper is leaving after 3.5 years due to changed family circumstances.
The role can occupy up to 35 hours per week, depending on the level of business we are experiencing and the number of responsibilities taken on by the post holder. It can be a 5, 6, or 7 day role, and working days can vary from 2 hours to 8 hours. It is hourly paid, monthly, by BACS. Some other benefits—staff discounts in our retail shop, in our restaurant and bar; pension; extra hours on other duties for the right person if required and suitable. It could be a live-in position for a single person, but only for exactly the right person, and probably not from day one.
- Cleaning duties in all guest rooms and common parts of the hotel. We expect spotless levels of cleanliness and tidiness; ensuring that these are maintained and where possible enhanced; adhering to our existing safety policies
- Management weekly of our laundry/linen rental contract- Maintaining laundry/linen stock at sensible levels, including kitchen laundry (working with kitchen staff)- Maintaining cleaning materials stock at sensible levels via our chosen supplier- Reporting and (where possible) fixing all maintenance issues
- Catering to all reasonable special/extra requests from guestsWe are noted for developing people into bigger roles within the business if they display the right aptitude and attitude, as you would expectThe person skills
- Good communicator (verbally and written) and listener- Able to take advice and instruction; able to train and manage others as required
- Reliable, honest, well organised, flexible as required, good time keeper, working as part of a team of 15 within the premises.
- Someone who is proud of their work.
- Very presentable—in appearance, and good personal hygiene characteristicsFor the right candidate we offer £10/hour, pension after 3 months probation, discounted food and drink, and various other staff perks, eg Perkbox. Remuneration is monthly, by BACS.
Applications for this job will only be via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please try to enclose a CV with your application. We do not care about anyone’s ethnicity, gender, faith or sexuality. We treat people as people.