This Vietnamese caramelised pork recipe is super quick and easy, so it is perfect for preparing in a hurry if you have a lot of guests over the Christmas period.
- 400g organic pork mince from Helen Browning’s
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh ginger
- 1 fresh chilli (chopped)
- 200g of brown sugar
- 100ml of fish sauce
- Cooking oil for frying
- Rice, spring onions, and side salad to serve
- Add the chopped garlic, ginger, chillies, and onions to a frying pan (make sure the oil is hot!) and cook until the onions are sheer.
- Next, add the pork mince to the pan and continue to fry until the pork mince is brown.
- Add the brown sugar and fish sauce to the pan and continue to stir (to avoid sticking to the pan!) until the pork mince has caramelised in the sugar mixture.
- Serve the pork over a bed of basmati rice and top with spring onions, and pair with a salad for extra veg.