This spicy slaw and Cajun potatoes recipe will help to warm you up this Winter! This exceptionally tasty recipe from Esther Clark is perfect for a cold Winter’s night.
- 430g Maris Piper potatoes (cut into 1.5cm chunks)
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x organic fillet steak from Helen Browning’s organic
- ¼ small bunch of coriander (finely chopped)
- For the spicy slaw
- ¼ small red cabbage (shredded)
- ½ red onion (finely sliced)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp soured cream
- ½ tbsp chipotle chilli paste
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 5 mins. Drain and leave to steam-dry in the colander for a few minutes. Toss the potatoes with the Cajun seasoning, half the oil and a good pinch of salt. Tip onto a baking tray and roast for 25-30 mins or until golden and crisp, tossing halfway through.
- To make the slaw, combine the cabbage, onion, mayonnaise, soured cream and chipotle paste in a bowl until the cabbage and onion are well coated. Set aside.
- Rub the steak with the remaining oil and season both sides. Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over a high heat until very hot. Add the steak to the pan, cook for 2 mins on one side, then 3 mins on the other. Remove, put on a chopping board, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5 mins. Slice into strips.
- Serve the steak with the potatoes scattered with the coriander and a pile of the spicy slaw.