Add some oomph to your festive lunches with this tasty recipe for a steak Caesar sandwich… make sure to make it extra special this Christmas with a touch of Helen Browning’s organic.
- 50g grated grana Padano
- Ground black pepper
- 2 x organic sirloin steaks from Helen Browning’s
- Olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 20g grated grana Padano
- The juice ½ lemon
- 2 x 160g ciabatta leaves
- Handful of rocket leaves
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar (sliced)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper, then sprinkle with an even layer of 50g grated grana Padano. Add ground black pepper, then bake for 10 minutes until the cheese forms a melted, golden sheet. Set aside to cool.
- Rub 2 x sirloin steaks with a glug of olive oil. Heat a frying/griddle pan until very hot, then season the steaks with salt and black pepper and fry for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare (longer if you prefer them cooked more). Set aside to rest.
- In a small bowl, crush 4 anchovy fillets with a fork, then stir in 1 crushed garlic clove, 4 tbsp mayonnaise, 20g grated grana Padano and the juice of ½ lemon. Taste and season, then add a splash of water.
- Halve and toast 2 x 160g ciabatta loaves in the griddle/frying pan, then spread each half with some of the dressing. Top each half with a handful of rocket leaves and 2 roasted red peppers from a jar (sliced).
- Slice the steak thinly, then divide among the ciabatta. Break the grana Padano crisp into shards and scatter over the top. Drizzle with the dressing to serve.