There is nothing quite like pulled pork. Nourishing, cosy, warming social food that is absolutely perfect for any occasion over the Winter months. It is one of my personal favourites; especially with the amazing flavours of our BBQ spiced and turmeric pulled pork that are so incredible and easy to cook! Throughout the next blog, I will be sharing lots of wonderful ideas for cooking our delicious organic pulled pork, so that you can make the most of this warming comfort food over the festive season. From lunchtime snacks to stir fries, we have plenty of recipes to keep you covered.
Load it up!
Pulled pork sandwiches make the perfect filling evening treat after a long day of Christmas shopping or singing carols. This organic pulled pork is best served with lots of toppings, wonderful soft rolls, and tasty fries. As the pulled pork is already slow cooked and marinaded for a wonderful flavour, it really is simple to cook, so you have more time to spend creating super tasty sides to bring out the best flavour. The only difficult choice you really have to make is whether to choose BBQ spice or turmeric…
Try this spicy coleslaw recipe from Simon Rimmer for a wonderful side (or loaded topping!) to your pulled pork bap.
- half white cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 red onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed (finely chopped)
- 175g/6oz mayonnaise
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a separate bowl, mix all the coleslaw ingredients until well combined.
- Pile it on top of your pulled pork for the penultimate feast.
Pop it in a wrap…
This is my favourite way to eat pulled pork, as it is so quick and easy and adds some extra oomph to your usual lunch time meal. There are a few brilliant different ideas that you can try to keep things fresh… add lots of different fruit and veggies (avocado is a personal favourite), add lots of tasty coleslaw, or even some rice if you wish to create a burrito style lunch. Why not try this recipe for a Mexican style pulled pork wrap? It’s delicious, filling and perfectly quick for a speedy lunch; leaving you more time to spend on the festivities!
(This recipe has been borrowed from Waitrose magazine)
- 250g pack microwavable Basmati Pilau Rice
- 380g organic BBQ spiced pulled pork from Helen Browning’s
- 100g frozen sweetcorn (defrosted)
- 8 Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps
- 300g iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cook the pulled pork for 30 minutes until it is piping hot. Using two forks, shred the pork until it is all pulled. (This can be done in advance if you are in a hurry).
- Heat the rice according to pack instructions.
- Mix the pulled pork with the sweetcorn. Warm the wraps in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Scatter the wraps with the lettuce and spoon half the rice down the centre of each one, then top with the pork mixture. Fold over the edges, then roll up and cut in half. Serve with salad on the side.
Sizzling stir fry with organic pulled pork…
Pulled pork makes the most excellent stir fry, the delicious taste of turmeric or BBQ spice bring an extra depth of flavour to this dish. Super quick, easy, and unbelievably tasty; you just can’t say no to a sizzling stir fry. As our pulled pork cooks so quickly (in just 30 minutes!!) it is easy to create a delicious meal that is bursting with flavour; our pulled pork has already been lovingly slow cooked, so you don’t have to. Simply add noodles, bean sprouts, veggies of your choice, and some soy sauce for a real tasty treat.
Pulled pork bratwurst…
Organic pulled pork combined with tasty hot dogs? How delicious! Our BBQ spiced pulled pork is an amazing addition to our organic hot dogs… simply top a tasty hot dog with pulled pork and lashings of coleslaw for an unbelievable treat. Both our hot dogs and pulled pork are made from 100% British organic pork that has been Soil Association certified, so you can be assured that this flavourful feast has a brilliant background too. Go on, treat yourself, it is Christmas!