Everyone loves tacos; they are most definitely a firm favourite of mine! This recipe makes them much healthier by using lots of grated hidden vegetables and organic beef mince. Carrots are an excellent super food to add to your meals. They are rich in beta carotene that the body converts to vitamin A; this helps to support immune function. Courgettes also contain 40% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin A… so it is time to eat up!
- 340g of organic beef mince from Helen Browning’s
- 1 small courgette (shredded)
- 8 soft or hard taco shells
- 2 medium carrots (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 60ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- your favourite taco fixings such as onions, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, cabbage, beans, cheese, avocado
- Brown the beef in a pan over medium heat.
- While the meat is cooking mix the taco seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Once the beef is cooked through, drain off fat and return to stove and reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the taco seasonings and the shredded vegetables.
- Add the water and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Fill taco shells with meat and top with your favourite fixings.