This quick and easy beef and broccoli is packed full of protein, fibre, and a whole range of vitamins and minerals. Did you know that broccoli contains vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, and K? How brilliant is that!
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 700g organic stir-fry beef from Helen Browning’s
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 small crowns (approx.) of broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 180ml water
- 80ml low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a skillet. over medium-high heat. Add the stir-fry beef and cook until well-browned, about 6-8 minutes. Once well-browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic, shallot and green onions to the beef drippings. Cook one minute, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and cover for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine water and arrowroot starch and mix until no longer lumpy. Combine soy sauce, coconut sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add arrowroot starch mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove cover from pan and add sauce. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Add beef and stir to combine, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, if desired.