This is simple, quick and delicious. Spare the seasoning; the Hot Dog’s succulent taste stands out on its own. Made from 97 per cent organic pork and gluten free, these sausages can be barbecued in just four minutes.
Serves 6 (2 kebabs each so depends how hungry you are!)
- 2 packs of Helen Browning’s organic Hot Dogs (12 sausages)*
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 4 yellow or red peppers
- Pineapple (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
*winner of British Sausage Award 2014, innovative category
- Cube the chicken and brown in a pan with a glug of oil on the stove
- Cut the hot dogs into large slices
- Cut the peppers into chunks
- Prepare and cut the pineapple (optional) into chunks
- Thread the ingredients alternately onto a skewer
- Brush with olive oil
- Pop on the barbie for a few minutes, turning regularly, until cooked
- Serve with asparagus wrapped in Helen Browning’s organic Streaky Bacon, and a green salad.
Top Tip: The hot dogs have already been partly cooked so you don’t have the barbecue headache of a sausage that’s burnt on the outside and undercooked in the middle.