- 1 dessertspoon vegetable oil
- 450g Helen Browning's Organic speedy sausages
- 1 onion – peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots – peeled and sliced
- 450g potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 dessertspoon smoked paprika and extra to garnish
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 x 410g cans mixed bean salad – rinsed and drained
- Black pepper
- Flat Leaf parsley – chopped
- Heat the oil in the pan. Fry the sausages for 4-6 minutes, turning them to ensure even browning. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened. Add the carrots, potatoes, smoked paprika, chopped tomatoes. oregano and 150ml boiling water.
- Bring to the boil, then return the sausage to the pan. Season well with pepper.
- Reduce the heat, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the canned beans, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley and extra smoked paprika.
- Serve with a spoonful of crème fraîche.