Children love this easy and tasty supper!
For the sauce you will need:
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 cans Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pack of Speedy Sausages!
- 400g Spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- Cut off the ends of the garlic cloves. Peel of the skins of the garlic cloves and cut lengthwise into thin slices. Set aside.
- Cut of the ends of the onion and peel off the skin. Dice the onion. Set aside.
- Pour the cans of tomatoes with their liquid into a mixing bowl. Break up the tomatoes into small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil into the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over a high heat. Turn the setting down to low and simmer for 30 minutes, while stirring often.
- (Store extra tomato sauce you don't need in a container. It will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer)
- Whilst tomatoes are simmering fry off your speedy sausages for 4 mins.
- Leave speedies to cool for a few mins, cook spaghetti.
- Chop up speedy sausages into bite sized chunks and add into simmering tomatoe sauce mix.
- Strain pasta, season and serve hot onto plate – top with tomato sauce.