Children love this easy and tasty supper!
For the Onion Gravy you will need:
- 1 x 14 g Butter
- 1 x 15ml Olive Oil
- 2 medium or 1 large onion very finely chopped
- 1 stock cube mixed with 200ml water
- 1 x 15ml spoon of sugar
- Mustard Powder
Melt the butter and oil together gently in a small frying pan. Add the onion, stir, cover and cook very gently for 10 minutes. Add sugar, stir, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Add water, stock cube, mustard powder and simmer gently to reduce. Stir occasionally. Season to taste.
For the Hedgehog Mash you will need:
- Boil 250gm of organic potatoes until soft
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add any of the following on their own or in combination
Boil 250gm of organic potatoes until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mash vigorously until light and fluffy.
Create a Hedgehog effect by poking the cooked speedy sausages into mash. Pour over the onion gravy. Provide non-swimmers with armbands.